Sunday 9 October 2016

BOOKSTORE JOB, MAGAZINE WRITING & DISSERTATION DEADLINES | LIFE UPDATE
































HEY GUYS! 

This week's post is going to be short and sweet as I try to explain my sporadic appearance and vanishing act on #bookstagram for the past few weeks. 

*takes a deep breath* 

The truth? I've been busy. So, so busy I couldn't find the daylight hours I usually use to capture a series of photos in advance of the coming week. 

Instead, here's what's been going on in my life:

➢ Working in my university's bookstore which I'm pretty excited about because I get to touch books, smell books, and fondle books without getting judged. Except when I get home, I'm knackered and it's too dark to #bookstagram. 

➢ My semester one modules include learning about the aftermath of the French Revolution, Medieval heroes and outlaws (I chose this for Robin Hood!) and The Crusades. Although there's no set novels, there's SO MUCH READING TO BE DONE EVERY WEEK. 

➢ I'm a columnist and online editor for my University's magazine, CUB, which is something I have always wanted to do. 

➢ Researching ideas for my 10,000 words English Dissertation which needs to be submitted in T minus two-hundred-and-sixteen days and seventeen hours. Who's counting? Not me. 

➢ I recently binged seasons 1 and 2 of The Fall with Jamie Dornan and Gillian Anderson and I'm hooked! Season 3 has started and it's already a whole new level of intense. 

➢ Sneaking in chapters of Pierce Brown's Red Rising whenever no one is looking  and although I last picked it up a month ago, it's so easy to get immersed again and OH MY GOSH, WHAT JUST HAPPENED TO DARROW AND GDHLSKAJWIEYEBNCMMLWL... 

➢ But honestly, I feel so guilty about reading anything for pleasure these days because I'm in my final year of my degree and I want to just put my head down and plough through and end it on a high note (tears of despair and cries of exhaustion included).

➢ Having said that, I'm planning to finish Red Rising this week so I can start Furthermore by Tahereh Mafi which is my bookclub Clockwork Readers' October read. You can follow the discussion and posts of this stunning cover on @clockworkreaders Instagram page HERE

➢ I'm also making a list of books I want to buy soon. Because what else does one do when they're swamped by reading and deadlines but buy books that will tempt them with their sparkly covers to do otherwise? They're rewards for when I'm good. 

➢ Trying hard not to think about the big G word but ultimately failing because I'm GRADUATING this year baby! 

And that's it! All of that gibberish described up there ☝︎ is everything that has been occupying me for the past month. I am organising my days so that I have time to #bookstagram because I've missed it. Let's hope it works.
﹡﹡﹡
LET'S CATCH UP! 
WHAT HAVE YOU BEEN UP TO RECENTLY? 
ANY GOALS THIS MONTH OR YEAR? 
﹡﹡﹡

No comments:

Post a Comment