Saturday 27 August 2016

OFF CAMPUS SERIES BY ELLE KENNEDY | ROMANCE RECOMMENDATIONS

Right now, the setting sun is pouring through my living room and it's put me in the perfect mood to write a recommendation blog.

Today, I bring to you the OFF CAMPUS SERIES by Elle Kennedy. A five-star rated romance series that will have you bawling with laughter and hooked with its intensity. For all the books mentioned, links to Amazon are attached at the end.

WARNING: Mature Content Below

THE DEAL
Image result for THE deal off campus elle kennedy book cover
This book did everything for me. It was my first ever sports romance and I LOVED it. The characters, the set up, the humour, the secondary plot line. If you've watched the 1999 film, She's All That with Freddie Prinze Jnr, then this book has similar feels when Garrett is teaching Hannah how to play hard to get. 


Hannah has been raped and is uncomfortable with guys but wants her crush (mysterious and smart Justin) to notice her. Garret has experienced domestic abuse along side his mother at the hands of his dad who just happens to fund his education so he's trapped. Garret is however captain of the hockey (and cocky and totally hot) and can help Hannah get Justin noticed if she helps him pass his Ethics paper. 

“Unbelievable. Every girl at this college would cut her frickin’ arm off to help me out. But this one? Runs away like I just asked her to murder a cat so we could sacrifice it to Satan.” 


I love how through their bickering and flirting, you get to explore the impact of two very serious issue in a way that's very real and raw. Even their college problems weren't over the top. 

THE MISTAKE
Image result for the mistake elle kennedy book cover

Loved reading Logan's story especially after coming from The Deal where he's lusting over Garrett's girlfriend, Hannah. One thing Kennedy does amazingly is giving the reader access into Logan's and Grace's personal lives behind the scenes. Through this, the story has a serious undertone and depth whilst also maintaining the fun and intense blossoming romance between the pair. 

For example, the struggles that Logan faces regarding his alcoholic dad is heartbreaking because it means sacrifices are involved with his dream career. Albeit in denial, his relationship with Grace provides a temporary yet sweet escape. My favourite moment is when Grace makes Logan work for her forgiveness:




"I'm writing a love poem," I answer without thinking. Then I slam my lips together, realizing what I've done. Dead silence over the kitchen.

And if you're not a fan of sports romance, or have never dabbled in it, this series will make you love ice hockey! The boys have such an enthusiastic passion for it so that when a game match is described, you feel the thrill of it as if you were physically sitting on the bleachers, the pain and frustration when they lose and the euphoria when they win and run to their girlfriends to celebrate. 

THE SCORE
Image result for the score off campus book cover
The Score is probably my favourite of the series because I've read it twice and both times within a day! My obsession with Dean Di Laurentis may need to be clinically assessed...

Dean is my favourite character from the entire series. He's cocky, smart, can't keep his hands off the female sex and makes out with girls in front of anyone and no one knows why. The first scene with Allie had me laughing so much that I knew right then  that The Score was going to be epic. Their relationship is so contagious and hard not to swoon over...  

Especially that scene in the bathroom guys.... so brilliant and embarrassing. 



"You can shove your sorries in a sack, baby doll. You realize what you've done, right? I glare at her. "You've officially allowed my best friend to believe I like to shove dildos up my ass."

Also, I love how Allie's character has been fleshed out from The Deal; her acting story line was immensely enjoyable to read. Even Dean's budding career at the children's ice hockey place was something straight out of a Nicholas Sparks book.

Image result for the goal off campus
Now, I'm just waiting for the cliffhanger in The Score to unravel in book 4, The Goal with Tucker. Our most mysterious guy yet! Check out that cover... 

Read these books people.

*** HAVE YOU READ ABOUT THE OFF CAMPUS BOYS? WHO'S YOUR FAVOURITE? OR WHAT'S YOUR CURRENT FAVOURITE SERIES?







Purchase this fantastic series now!

No comments:

Post a Comment